Saturday, July 7, 2012

My First Lesson

The first lesson that I was ever able to teach was during my freshman year. I was doing classroom observations as part of my pre-education classes. I ended up with a wonderful cooperating teacher who allowed me to participate in the class, rather than simply observe. One day, she split the class into small groups, one for me, one for her, and one for her aid. We did a lesson on our place in the world and I was hooked. They were all so eager to answer, eager to learn, and so very smart. The lesson that I did was very basic, we read a story and then answered some questions about the story. We then went through and asked each student to describe their place in the world. However, while pinteresting today, I found this cute little craft.
http://kidworldcitizen.org/2011/11/26/my-place-in-the-world-project/
This was from Kid World Citizen, a wonderful site about creating globally minded children. Basically, this is a much more creative and interactive way of teaching students their place in the world. They learn everything from their planet to their home address. It is wonderful and beautiful and I cannot wait to try it out someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment