Saturday, June 23, 2012

Whole Brain Teaching

Have you heard of Power Teaching or Whole Brain Teaching? Two semesters ago I did a presentation on diversifying lesson plans to meet the needs of different learning styles. I used this video as an example of easily incorporating physical movement in everyday activities.
I really liked the way that this teacher managed her classroom and the way that the students were so active! I did not think much more of it until I stumbled upon a post at Teaching Happily Ever After on Power Teaching. She uses it in her first grade classroom and says that the students do so well in it. In my future classroom I would love to implement Whole Brain Teaching, it looks so interactive, no passive learning there! If you are looking for different teaching styles that you might want to use in your classroom, I HIGHLY recommend popping over to Power Teachers to watch some more videos an check out the techniques used in Whole Brain Teaching! Also check out Teaching Happily Ever After, tons of cool things on her blog! It is all about technology in the classroom! Which is a great thing to keep up to date on!
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment