Monday, July 9, 2012

New Teacher Survival Guide

A New Teacher Survival Guide is something that I think we all would love to get our hands on. It is similar to what I am trying to create. Good news! Scholastic has some to the rescue, yet again. Scholastic has created a New Teacher Survival Guide that has so many resources that I do not know where to start! There are teaching tips, resources, and a survival guide that goes out each month of school to help new teachers. The one that they currently have is for August, a little early I know, for creating an efficient physical classroom. They give you tips on decorating, desk layout, organization, anything you can think of. I am hooked on Scholastic. I subscribed to their newsletter (all free!) that send out lesson plans, tips, resources, and much much more each week. While this may sound like a Scholastic promotion, it is not. They have no idea I exist, they are just fantastic and worth bragging on. I am sure all of you are familiar with Scholastic, so hop on over there and subscribe!

In other news, I cannot stop looking at classroom themes on Pinterest! Tell me that I am not the only one? I have two years before I even have a chance of having a classroom of my own and I already have all of these ideas! My very favorite place for inspiration is Schoolgirl Style! Her ideas are absolutely darling, and well above my level of creativity! This garden party theme is so cute! So much color!
http://www.schoolgirlstyle.com
I love the bright colors and the flowers and the butterflies. However, I do not know how I would ever pull this off. She puts so much work into her classrooms. They are beautiful! I am so very, very jealous and cannot wait until I have my own room!

No comments:

Post a Comment