Friday, July 6, 2012

Just Five Rules

http:/studentteachingsurvival.blogspot.com
     Whole Brain Teaching (Power Teaching) is quickly becoming an obsession of mine. The classroom management is based on five simple rules that help keep the classroom running smoothly. It seems so strange that only these rules could keep a classroom under control. I feel like they give students a lot of perceived freedoms, while setting rules that make them think about everything that they do. Student practice the rules several times a day, with hand motions to help reinforce them. By the student practicing the rules and having motions that go with them, they have them in their head all day. This creates a calmer, more organized classroom. There are other procedures and rule that build off of these rules. Any other things that you expect in your classroom would be procedures, and by doing these things you keep your teacher happy (rule number 5!). I cannot believe how much sense this type of teaching makes to me. If you haven't yet, check out Whole Brain Teaching and see what it has to offer. Let me know what you think. Any current teachers out there implement anything like this? How do you think it would work out in your classroom? 
     On another note, you may have noticed my countdown timer on the top of the page, only 30 days until I start by student teaching! I am so very nervous and am still looking for tips from those of you who are doing it/have done it! I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment